[原创]彭博社:mh370和mh17后 还要坐马航的飞机?

不作不会死 收藏 3 353

Why I'm Flying Malaysia Airlines

为什么我要坐马航?

原文链接:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-07-25/why-i-m-flying-malaysia-airlines铁血网提醒您:点击查看大图

Gimme a ticket.Photographer: Brent Lewin/Bloomberg

给我一张票。摄影师:布伦特勒温/彭博社

Jul 25, 2014 2:58PM EDT

By Adam Minter (作者:亚当明特)

How grim can it get for MalaysiaAirlines? Earlier this week the carrier announced that it’s offeringno-questions-asked refunds or postponements on all tickets valid for travel in2014 -- including previously non-refundable tickets. It’s a generous offer, andone that the airline no doubt expected many passengers to accept in the numbaftermath of its serial air disasters -- Flights MH370 and MH17. Indeed, of the680 total air fatalities so far in 2014 -- another large crash and this will bethe worst year for fatalities since 2005, accordingto Bloomberg News -- an astonishing 537 resulted from the ill-fatedMalaysia Airlines flights. Who, at thispoint, wants to fly that airline?

马航的前景有多严峻?本周早些时候,马航宣布提供无条件退款或延期2014年的所有有效机票,其中还包括以前恕不退款的机票。这是一个慷慨的提议。在系列空难后(MH370和MH17),马航并不指望许多乘客会麻木地接受它。根据彭博社新闻,事实上,2014年到目前为止,全球共有680人死于空难,是自2005年以来空难死亡人数最多的年份。其中,537人死于MH370和MH17,这就导致了马航的命途多舛。在这个节点上,有谁愿意坐马航呢?

I do.

我愿意。

In fact, I regularly fly MalaysiaAirlines and have two reservations on the carrier (one actually on asubsidiary) for later this year. With apologies to friends and family whoregularly send me notes such as, “You don’t need to fly Malaysia,” (and to thepublisher who wrote “no Malaysia Air” on notes regarding a future book tour), Ihave no more intention of canceling those reservations than of canceling myreservations on Delta and American for next week. The reason isstraightforward: Air travel remains thesafest means of getting from point A to point B. (Moreover, prior to thisyear’s accidents, Malaysia Airlines had a stellar safety record.) It’s a pointthat Tony Tyler, director general and chief executive officer of theInternational Air Transport Association, made in astatement this week:

事实上,我经常乘坐马航,还保留有其子公司的两张预订机票(今年晚些时候)。我的亲戚朋友经常给我发短信,说:“你不需要飞到马来西亚了”(出版商撰写了《马航关于未来预定旅游套餐的注解》)。但我并不打算取消预定,甚至取消我下周在三角洲和美国的预定。原因很简单:从A点到B点,坐飞机仍然是最安全的交通方式。(此外,在今年事故发生之前,马航拥有着一流的安全记录)。在本周的一份声明中,国际航空运输协会理事长兼首席执行官汤彦麟提出了这点。

Every day, approximately 100,000 flights take to the sky and land withoutincident. In 2013 more than three billion people flew and there were 210fatalities. Regrettably, we have surpassed that number already this year. Buteven so, getting on an aircraft is still among the safest activities that onecan do.

每天,大约有100000次航班安全地起飞和降落。2013年,30多亿人乘坐了飞机,其中只有210人死于空难。令人遗憾的是,我们今年已经超过了这个数字。但即便如此,坐飞机仍然是最安全的交通方式。

Of course, that doesn’t minimizethe tragic loss of life this week in Ukraine,Maliand Taiwan.There is grief to bear, mourning to be done and failures to be investigated --to prevent similar accidents in the future. But even as causes and blame areassessed, it’s important to keep in perspective the stunning safety record thatglobal air travel has achieved overmany decades.

当然,这并不能减少本周在乌克兰马里和台湾悲惨逝去的生命。难以承受悲痛,要做祷告,还要调查事故真相,以防止未来发生此类事故。即使评估了原因和责任,保持全球航空飞行的安全记录也是很重要的。这些安全记录已经维系了很多年。

According to the InternationalCivil Aviation Organization’s most recent reporton global air safety, the global air accident rate declined 13 percent from2012 to 2013, from 3.2 accidents per million departures to 2.8 accidents permillion departures. In real terms, that’s a decline from 99 fatalities in 388accidents, to 90 fatalities in 173 accidents. In2005, by comparison, there were 119 accidents with 825 fatalities (and in1985 there were more than 2,000 air crash deaths resulting from dozensof accidents). It’s also worth noting that the last decade’s decline took placeduring a period of “historicgrowth rates” for passenger traffic, globally.

国际民航组织最新的全球航空安全报告显示:2012年到2013年,全球空难事故的发生率下降了13%。即2013年的事故率为每百万次起飞2.8次,2012年的事故率为每百万次起飞3.2次。按实际计算,事故从388次下降到了173次,死亡人数从99人下降到了90人。相比之下,2005年共有119次事故,造成了825人死亡(而1985年共有2000多架飞机失事,导致了很多起事故)。同样值得注意的是,在过去的十年里,全球客运的事故发生率也在“历史低增长”时期降低了。

This has been an exceptionally badweek for flying. Nevertheless, accordingto Malaysia Airlines, neither the fatalities nor its generous refund policyhas resulted in a surge in requests for refunds. For airlines and civilaviation authorities around the world, that’s a deserved vote of confidence.The skies remain safe.

这对航空来说是非常不利的一周。然而,马航说,无论是死亡人数还是慷慨的退票政策都没有导致退票要求激增。对于世界各地的航空公司和民航当局来说,这都是一个值得信赖的投票。空中仍然是安全的。

评论:

RobertRaborn • 2 days ago

Why I'm Flying Malaysia Airlineswww.yiqing001.com/archives/154

I bow to you for you are a braver man than I.......good luck with that!

为什么我要坐马航?

我向你鞠躬,因为你比我更勇敢。祝你好运!

FartolioFatso • 3 days ago

Why I DON'T fly on othercountries' commercial airliners?

Because I know on top of HIGHESTquality-trained folks who fly/supporting the airplane, my Government has 10nuclear aircraft carrier battle groups and more than 120 nuclear attacksubmarines floating around to protect "American" Brands.

为什么我不乘坐其他国家的商用客机?

因为我知道是最训练有素的飞行员在操纵飞机。政府有10个核航母战斗群以及周围有120多艘核潜艇来保护“美国”品牌。

billybobasia • 3 days ago

I too am a regular MAS flyer andhave never had a problem. Service levels and the planes are decent, food not somuch, but at current prices it is more comparable to Air Asia than anythingelse, so represents good value. I've just booked another 2 regional trips thissummer on MAS, with no hesitation...

我也是马航的一个普通客人,从没有遇到过此类问题。服务水平和飞机很像样,食物不够,但当前票价比其他亚洲航空更便宜,从而体现出了马航良好的价值。这个夏天,我毫不犹疑地在马航预定了2个区域旅游。

perlaandrews • 3 days ago

because lightning does not striketwice in the same place; I mean three times, I hope

因为闪电不会两次击中同一个地方。我的意识是我希望第三次不会。

[ 转自铁血社区 http://bbs.tiexue.net/ ]

回复主贴
聚焦 国际 历史 社会 军事
3条评论
点击加载更多

发表评论

更多精彩内容

经典聚焦

更多
发帖 向上 向下
广告 关闭 连女白领都喜欢玩的军事游戏,进入试玩?