扫码订阅

(本文首发龙腾,请多指教 原文地址:http://thediplomat.com/2014/04/u ... ate-sale-to-taiwan/

——正文开始——

US House Approves Frigate Sale to Taiwan

美众议院批准向台湾出售护卫舰

The House approved the sale of 4 navalfrigates to Taiwan while reaffirming its commitment to the Taiwan RelationsAct.

美众议院批准4艘海军护卫舰出售给台湾,并重申对《与台湾的关系法》履行义务。

[b]铁血网提醒您:点击查看大图

[/b]

image Credit: USNavy Photo by Photographers Mate 3rd Class Todd Frantom

On Monday, the U.S. House of Representativespassed a bill authorizing the sale of four U.S. frigates to Taiwan, while alsoofficially reaffirming U.S. support for the TaiwanRelations Act days before the 35th anniversaryof that legislation. The bill,HR 3470,began with a section underlining the importance of TRAbefore moving on the specifics of the latest arms sale to Taiwan. “TheTaiwan Relations Act has been instrumental in maintaining peace, security, andstability in the Western Pacific since its enactment in 1979,” says the bill’s first clause.The bill, which was introduced by Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA), the Chairman of the House ForeignAffairs Committee, passed with “overwhelming bipartisan support,” according to a Foreign Affairs Committee press release. In astatement, Royce said that “America’s support forTaiwan has allowed this island nation to realize its full potential.” He added, “It is now more importantthan ever that we reaffirm our strong commitment to Taiwan and the TaiwanRelations Act.” Accordingly, the newly-passed billcontained a clause wherein Congress “reaffirms itsunwavering commitment to the Taiwan Relations Act.”

周一,美国众议院表决通过了向台湾出售四艘美制护卫舰的议案,在《与台湾关系法》立法三十五周年纪念日到来之际,美国再次正式强调对其表示支持。该法案编号为HR3470,目的是强调《与台湾关系法》其中的重要性,目前已进入售台武器最后的具体细节。“《与台湾关系法》自1979年签订以来,起到了维护西太平洋和平、安全以及稳定的作用。”该法案首项条目写到。该法案,由众议院外交事务委员会主席Rep. Ed Royce (罗伊斯)提议,(得到了)两党“压倒性的表决通过,” 据外交事务委员会的新闻发布稿. 在此声明中罗伊斯说:“美国对台湾的支持,可激发出该岛政府全部潜力。”他接着说,“当前我们重申我们对台湾以及《与台湾关系法》的坚定承诺,比以往任何时候都更重要”,因此,此次新通过的法案包含的条款寓意着国会“重申其对台湾关系不可动摇的承诺和义务。“

HR 3470 also authorized the sale to Taiwanof four decommissioned Oliver Hazard Perry-class guidedmissile frigates, the USS Taylor,USS [i]Gary, USS [i]Carr, and USS [i]Elrod. The four vessels, commissioned in1984 and 1985, can support both surface-to-surface andsurface-to-air missiles. Before the transfer of these vessels becomes official,however, the House bill will also need to pass the Senate and be approved byPresident Obama.Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs welcomed thepassage of HR 3470 in a statement,expressing its gratitude for the move. The statement said the bill displayed Congress’bipartisan support for “trust and friendship” towards Taiwan. The opposition party DPP also weighed in, with Chariman Su Tseng-chang calling the U.S. security commitment to Taiwan and U.S. human rightsadvocacy “indispensable beacons of hope to Taiwan.”With Thursday marking the 35th anniversary of the Taiwan RelationsAct, this week is a time of reflection on the TRA—and not just for Congress.Taiwan’s President Ma Ying-jeou gave a speech on the subject via videoconference at an event at DC’sCenter for Strategic and International Studies. He called the TRA “a landmark piece of legislation that has laid the cornerstone of therobust relationship between the Republic of China and the United States.”[/i][/i][/i]

3470议案批准向台湾出售4艘奥利弗哈泽德佩里级导弹护卫舰,其分别是泰勒号,盖瑞号、卡尔号和艾尔洛号。这四艘战舰分别在1984与1985年之间服役。它们可装载地对地以及地对空导弹,在这些战舰正式转让之前,无论如何,该提案仍需参议院的表决以及奥巴马的批准。台湾“外交部“在一份声明中对3470议案的通过表示欢迎,(并)对该议案的推动流露出感激。这份声明说,该法案体现出(美)国会两党为台湾展现了“信任和友谊”,反对党——民进党主席苏贞昌则称,这是美国对台湾安全的承诺,并且是美国人权所宣扬的“台湾是不可或缺的希望灯塔。”周四为《与台湾关系法》三十五周年纪念日,这周是《与台湾关系法》反思的时刻——不仅是对国会。台湾马英九“总统“在这次(纪念)活动中,通过视频会议发表了,基于以华盛顿为中心的战略国际研究的一个主题演讲。他称《与台湾关系法》是具有里程碑意义的立法,它奠定了中美之间稳固的关系。

[i][i][i]

Ma also commented that when he came tooffice in 2008 it was his “top priority to improve Taiwan’s relationship with the U.S.” Ma attributedthe improvement in cross-strait relations to strong ties between Taiwan and theU.S.: “With U.S. support, Taiwan has been able toimprove cross-strait relations and confidently engage Beijing from a positionof strength.” This has generally been the U.S. positionas well: that providing Taiwan with defensive arms can increase the island’s ability to deal with the mainland on an equal footing.Needless to say, China does not share thisview. Chinese scholars believe that, since cross-strait relations are at anall-time high, there is no need for further arms sales. Of course, China alsobelieves such sales are a direct violation of the one-China policy and inviolation of previous U.S. promises made in joint communiques with Beijing. A spokesmanfor China’s Ministry of National Defense told the press back in March, “We urgethe U.S. side to adhere faithfully to the one-China policy … and stop arm sales to Taiwan immediately.”Accordingly, China responded angrily to the passage of HR 3470. A statement from the Ministry ofNational Defense complained that “The U.S. side ignored China’s strong opposition, and insisted on passing the bill pushingweapons sales to Taiwan.” The statement further warnedthat the act “doubtless will seriously interfere in anddamage the development of Sino-U.S. military ties and the peaceful developmentof cross-strait relations.”[/i][/i][/i]

同时,马还说到, 自2008年上任以来“改善台湾与美国的关系”是他的头等任务。马认为改善两岸关系,(有助于)加强美台之间的关系。“通过美国的支持,台湾已有能力改善两岸关系并得到自信地与北京(对话?)的资格”这是美国一贯的立场:如,向台湾提供防御性武器可增强该岛与大陆平等对话的能力。不用说,中国肯定不会同意这种观点。中国学者认为,由于两岸关系正处于历史最佳水平,没必要进一步推售武器。当然,中国还认为,这种销售是对一个中国政策的直接侵犯并且违反以前美国与北京签署的《联合公报》中的承诺。早在今年3月中国国防部发言人告诉记者, “我们敦促美方恪守一个中国的政策……并立即停止向台湾出售武器。”因此,对于HR 3470通过中国作出了愤怒的回应。国防部发表声明说,“美方不顾中国的强烈反对,并强行通过向台湾销售武器的法案。”声明还警告说,该法案”无疑将严重干扰并破坏中美军事关系与两岸关系的和平发展。”

[i][i][i]

The timing was especially awkward, with U.S.Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel just finishing up a trip to China designed toboost military ties between the two countries. In the past, mil-to-milrelations have been the major targets of Chinese anger over arms sales. Inresponse to a 2010 $6.4 billion arms sale, the first of Obama’spresidency, China refused to allow then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates to visitChina as part of a larger Asia tour. Should the billmove forward through the Senate and by signed by Obama, China might chose tocut off mil-to-mil contacts in retaliation.Interestingly, though, the response fromChina treats the bill as a done deal, even though the bill has currently onlypassed the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. The statement fromChina’s defense ministry elides the distinction between Congress and theWhite House by accusing the “U.S. side” of ignoring Chinese opposition. Such complaints would have beendirected more to the executive branch’s foreign policyapparatus than to Congress itself. Since the U.S. Congress is historically verysupportive of Taiwan (and very critical of China, especially on human rightsissues), it’s dangerous for China to equateCongressional action with White House policy, especially sinceCongress today is notorious for resisting Obama’s wishes.[/i][/i][/i]

(该法案通过)的时间点特别令人尴尬,(因为)正值美国国防部长查克黑格尔刚刚完成了旨在促进与两国之间的军事关系的中国之旅。在此之前,两军的关系主要取决于中国人对武器销售的愤怒程度。在奥巴马第一任期内,(中国)对于2010年的6.4亿(对台)武器销售(案),所做出的反映。作为一个大型亚洲之旅的一部分——中国拒绝时任(美)国防部长罗伯特盖茨来华访问。如果该法案通过参议院的表决并得到奥巴马的批准,中国可能选择切断两军军事交流以此报复。有趣的是,尽管该法案目前只通过了共和党控制的众议院,中国仍将该法案按照既定的事实来对待。中国国防部发表的声明略去了参议院与白宫的区分,仅用“美方”无视中国的反对而进行谴责。这种抱怨只会引起比国会自身更多的行政外交分支部门去操控。从历史的角度看美国比较支持台湾(对中国相当挑剔,尤其是在人权问题上),中国(面临)与国会行动和白宫决策时的同等危险,尤其是,国会一直以来总是用臭名昭著的手段去阻止奥巴马实现愿望.

——正文结束,评论开始,可能文章比较新评论较少,就几条——

EvanApril 10, 2014 at 07:37As usual,Taiwan will pay top dollars for these scrap. KMT and its supporters inWashington will pocket the most of it. Lets see if the Taiwan local islandershave the intelligence to figure this out and have the guts to challenge KMT.Reply

和以往一样,台湾将为这些垃圾支付巨额美元。国民党还有它在华盛顿的簇拥会把这些钱的大部分塞进自己的口袋里。让我们看看台湾原岛民是否有智慧弄明白并有勇气去质疑国民党。

IvanApril 10, 2014 at 08:30Don’t buy it!Buy fromcompetitors like PRC or Russia or India.

买它干啥!要买就要向美国的竞争对手例如中国、苏联或印度手里去买。

pug_sterApril 10, 2014 at 05:50Lol, lookslike Taiwan has to pay for American hand me downs.Reply

LOL,看起来台湾好像已经为那些美国二手货掏过钱了。

TtengApril 10, 2014 at 01:53(Not mine..)As a point ofcomparison, here are the average lifespans ofseveral recently retired or retiring ship classes.Perry FFG 29yrs

……..

比较了一下,这些军舰的寿命全都是退役或快要退役的了,佩里级护卫舰都服役29年,无语了

(Mine)I hopeROC-navy didn’t pay more than scrap metal value for them.Reply

我希望中华民国能把他们按废铁价格买下来。

[ 转自铁血社区 http://bbs.tiexue.net/ ]
发表评论
发表评论

网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明铁血立场。

全部评论
加载更多评论
更多精彩内容