—来自ABS-CBN新闻Ces Oreña Drilon的报道。
MANILA, Philippines - The United States is also alarmed by China's intrusions into Philippine territory, Armed Forces chief of staff Gen. Eduardo Oban said on Thursday.
He said President Benigno Aquino III's visit to the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson last month had a message for China.
Under their Mutual Defense Treaty, the US is obliged to help the Philippines if it gets attacked by another country.
Oban said Chinese forces have entered Philippine territory 6 times this year.
To boost the Philippines' defense and answer China's intrusions, the Armed Forces plan to buy more equipment and hardware worth around P11.9 billion within the next 3 years.
The military currently only has one radar while at least 6 are needed to secure the country's airspace.
Oban said Philippine troops will fire back if they are attacked in the Spratlys.
However, he said that based on statements made by the Chinese defense minister during his visit to the Philippines last month, the situation in the South China Sea has not deteriorated yet into a shooting war. - Report from Ces Oreña Drilon, ABS-CBN News