美国论坛关于J20最新评论

(CNN) -- China took its latest powerful toy, a new stealth fighter jet, out for its first test spin Tuesday, leading U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates to wonder whether the flight was scheduled to coincide with his visit.

周二,中国对其最新的强大玩具——一架全新的隐形战斗机,进行了首次测试运转。这让美国国防部长罗伯特盖茨琢磨着这次试飞是不是刻意安排与其访问行程一致。

"I asked President Hu (Jintao) about it directly," Gates said at a briefing with reporters in Beijing. "And he said that the test had absolutely nothing to do with my visit and had been a pre-planned test. And that's where we left it."

“我直接向胡主席询问此事。”盖茨在北京的一个简单的记者见面会上说。“然后他说这次测试完全和我的访问没有任何关系,这是早就定好的。然后我们把这话题放到一边了。”

Images and videos of China's latest generation fighter, being called the J-20, hit the web in a frenzy of excitement in late December. Onlookers outside the airfield base have been allowed to use cell phones to snap pictures and record low resolution video, a decision that many experts point to as a move by China to pump its chest in advance of Gates' trip to China and Hu's visit to the United States next week.

有关中国最新一代,被称作J-20的战斗机的图片及视频,12月底在网上发布之后引起了巨大的轰动。军用机场旁的围观者被允许使用手机拍照和拍摄低清晰度的视频,这一决定在许多专家看来是在盖茨访华之旅和下周HJT访美之前中国展示自己“肌肉”的举动。

Tuesday's test flight appeared to be no different in regard to the viral marketing. Videos and pictures have hit the web, some showing crowds of people lined up alongside the airfield gate in southern China, cheering and jumping up and down as the fighter lands.

周二的测试飞行看起来与传染式营销没有任何差别。视频和图片已经上传到网上,其中一些显示有大群人围着这个位于华南的军用机场。当战机着陆后人群兴奋地欢呼,上蹿下跳。

Gates however, who made the trip to discuss military relations between the United States and China, said he believes the Chinese president's assurance that the test flight had been previously planned.

然而,此次去讨论中美军事关系的盖茨说他相信中国主席的保证,这次试飞是原先就计划好的。

"I take President Hu at his word that ... the test had nothing to do with my visit," Gates said.

“我相信胡主席的话......试飞和我访华之旅毫无关系。”盖茨说。

One China watcher is skeptical.

一位中国观察家对此表示怀疑。

"It was planned this way, a classic exercise in power projection," said China military scholar Richard Fisher. "They want President Obama and the new Congress to view Hu Jintao, who visits next week, as the leader of the next military superpower, whose demands must be accommodated."

“这肯定是刻意安排的,这是经典的武力投射展示。”理查德费舍尔——中国军事学者,说:“他们想让奥巴马总统和新一届国会视下周访美的胡主席为下一任超级军事大国的首脑,他的意见必须予以谨慎考虑。”

Analysts believe the J-20 stealth fighter will have the radar-evading capability of fifth-generation fighters produced by the United States, like the F-22 and F-35. And while the jet isn't supposed to be operational until at least 2017, Fisher said that after Tuesday's test flight, China has the potential to deploy the fighter at an earlier date using a less-powerful engine than the one currently in development.

分析家相信,J-20将会具有与美国制造的第五代战斗机一样的隐身能力,就像F-22和F-35一样。但费舍尔认为它至少不会在2017年以前投入使用,在周二试飞后,中国可能使用比现在正在研发的稍差一些的引擎让其更早部署军队。

Gates conceded that fact on his flight over to China last weekend.

盖茨在上周访华的航班上承认:

"I think that what we've seen is that they may be somewhat further ahead in the development of that aircraft than our intelligence had earlier predicted," Gates said. Still, Gates downplayed the technical advancements in the plane, questioning how "stealthy," or radar evading, it actually is.

"他们在四代机的研发上比我们情报部门早先预计的要走得更远。"但盖茨在飞机上依然对技术进展轻描淡写,对其如何躲避雷达追踪,如何“隐形”抱有疑问。

In 2009, Gates said that no nation comes close to the United States' air power, and he expected the Chinese to have only "a handful" of fighters that could challenge the U.S. advanced fleets by 2025.

2009年盖茨曾说没有一个国家能在空军力量上接近美国,并且他相信,中国人到2025年才会拥有少数几架可以挑战美国先进舰队的战机。

Despite Tuesday's air show by the Chinese, Gates said he would not revise that assessment and added that another Asian power, Japan, is considering purchasing its next generation of fighter aircraft.

尽管中国人周二进行了试飞,但盖茨表示他不会收回之前的评价。另外,他还提到了亚洲的另一强国,日本,也在考虑采购下一代战斗机。

"And I might have a few suggestions for them," Gates said.

“我想我会给他们一些建议。”盖茨说道。

本文内容于 2011/1/15 9:58:21 被jinlun编辑

猜你感兴趣

更多 >>

评论

评 论

更多精彩内容