According to statistical data available from multiple sources the Indian Air Force (IAF) has the dubious distinction of having the highest crash rate in the world. No other Air Foce comes close.
如果保持现有的损毁率，不出五到十年，它的新飞机将损毁殆尽。If the current crash rates continue, it can crash all of its new hardware in 5 to 10 years.
* India, using mostly Russian aircraft, has an accident rate of 6-7 per 100,000 hours flown (compared to 4-5 for all NATO air forces.) 事故率 6－7/100000小时
* The Indian rate had been over ten for many years, and it is still that high, and often higher, with other nations (including Russia and China), that use Russian aircraft designs. 同样使用俄制飞机，事故率高于俄国，中国
* F-15s and F-16s have an accident rate of 3-4 per 100,000 flight hours.，f-15,16的事故率也很高
* 1970-2005: IAF has recorded around 700 crashes since 1970, with around 180 pilots and scores of civilians on the ground losing their lives Publication: The Times of India, Date: Monday, September 4 2006 损失700架飞机 180飞行员 以及数十名地面人员
* 1970-2005: f the 793 MiG-21s progressively inducted in IAF since 1963, 330 have been lost in accidents. 从63年一来引进了793架米格－21，在事故中损失了330架