印度人眼中的印度对比中国

凌寒独自开 收藏 6 20979

After reporting from India it has been a revelation to finally arrive in China, having peered metaphorically over the Himalaya at the big daddy of emerging Asian economies these last four years.

How can India compete with China?

I hope I can say this without offending the residents of the city where my three children were born and I had so much fun and friendship, but Beijing is a city on an entirely different level to New Delhi.

From the gleaming new airport terminal to the wide-open three-lane highways which sweep through a city of fantastical glass sky-scrapers and clean streets filled with modern shops and authentic restaurants of all kinds the contrast for someone arriving from New Delhi is actually pretty humbling.

It is perhaps unfair to compare Delhi directly with Beijing, since China's economic liberalisation began more than 20 years before India's, but it certainly puts into perspective how far India has to go.

A more legitimate question might be to ask how Delhi twenty years hence will compare to the Beijing of today, and it's at that point that the widespread belief among Indians that it is destined for ‘superpower' status start to look questionable at best.

How can India, with all its messy democratic politics, compete with China when it comes to regenerating its dirty and decrepit cities, of which New Delhi is a perfect example?

Indians frequently cite their democratic traditions as the ultimate reason why they will overtake China in the long-run, but to look at the limited achievements of the one-time reformer Manmohan Singh these past four years might lead you to the opposite conclusion.

I find it increasingly difficult to see how will India get the job done. In a democratic country, particularly one where the poor create the vote-banks of power, even getting started on the job of urban regeneration is difficult, just ask the town planners in Mumbai.

Whether it's building power stations - look at Mumbai's travails this summer, with some industries only having power four days a week - or roads, the main road connecting Delhi with its airport looks like it was made by a child compared to Beijing's superhighways, India comes up way short of China time and again.

I'm not glossing over China's often brutal attitudes to its citizens' rights when it comes to urban regeneration - particularly for these Olympics - but they are getting the job done, which in the end will materially improve lives.

The shocking figures from Unicef over child-mortality in India are yet another reminder of the extent to which a corrupt and inefficient bureaucracy is failing to invest in the people who, in the long term, must be made healthy and productive if India really wants to compete with China.

India had 2.1m child deaths in 2006 - more than any other country on earth and more than five times the number in China. Literacy statistics will tell you a similar story, as will those on nutrition and disease.

The scary thing for Indians is that, from my experience, their leaders and politicians have no real concept of how far behind China they are, content to believe all that guff about being a rising superpower, when in reality China is to India as a Ferrari is to a bullock cart.

I wish I could be more optimistic, but the upcoming election in India, with all its petty regionalism and messy deal-making hardly inspires anyone to believe that India is going to get the kind of focussed, galvanising government it so desperately needs.

印度可以击败中国,如果可以符合其中下面情况:

1.i假如印度有强大的,并能赋予承诺政的府。

2.如果中国改变它的名称作为印度。

我曾探访中国的一部分,最近。我去过内陆(成都)是远胜在新德里的条款的基础设施。

India will outperform china in over next 20 years.

by Loga on Aug 21, 2008 01:30 PM Permalink | Hide replies

中国的增长源自资源积累,而印度的是植根于提高工作效率。

在营商环境和创业精神的印度,已做了更好的就业和中国比较。从印度出现了一批世界级的公司, Infosys公司, TCS公司, Wipro公司,萨蒂扬, HCL中,在软件,兰伯西和dr.reddy ' S在制药,塔塔,巴雅吉,马恒达汽车在汽车和汽车制造业。

在中国制造标签的世界级制造设施,其中,中国是著名的是产品的外国直接投资,而不是土著的中国公司。

中国崛起是由于主要基础设施的投资,当经济自由化和体制方面的改革,值得更多的信贷。一味基础设施的发展有其弊端。

中国追求自己的目标,而较少重视教育。印度的教育体系,另一方面,已稳步提高,尤其是在农村地区。

印度可能超越中国在未来20年。、

Can India catch with China?

by Anand Mujumdar on Aug 21, 2008 03:30 PM Permalink

印度是远远落后于中国 印度政客缺乏专制权力做任何事情。中国没有进入奥运会,一直他们的准备工作。当他们进入奥运,他们取得了他们的存在,他们在表达他们主见的方式。

印度是幸运的取得进展,在资讯科技界为哪个政府不能采取信贷。这个政府是生产力在创造一个鸿沟之间的人口,

中国将成为一个超级大国超过西方在15年左右

中国是20年之前就有了现在印度在基础设施和技术。我们如何去击败他们? 。

RE:PoorJournalism

by Tushar Bansal on Aug 21, 2008 02:34 PM Permalink

你说得对。我不明白为什么会有一个比较印度和中国的想法。在现实中,中国是前进的道路上,将来上一个真正的超级大国,我认为美国人已经知道这个事实,但他们只是不想接受。

印度媒体,政客,不断使无用的比较。看看中国,看看印度,中国是印度的领导,也许每一个部门,除了可能是在英语发言,但中国领导人已经意识到这一点,我深信,在未来4-5年,中国将废止这个印度的优势。

可能会有少数例外,但我相信政府和领导人正努力使中国成为真正的全球领袖。而我们,我们甚至不能完成的设施,英联邦青年运动会,上帝只知道如果奥运会将以往任何时候都来印度。我不知道他们是如何管理这样做?没有中国有庞大的人口?事实上,他们比我们更多。这是不是没有腐败,贫穷和犯罪问题在中国,但有什么区别,大概中国从印度是严格执法,这是不是在这里。印度政客只是太自私了。截至今天为止大概上帝也不会帮助我们印度人。

RE:Long way to go...

by Rahul Avachat on Aug 21, 2008 02:29 PM Permalink

印度一直是重新活跃于业务方面。我们只是不断地接受它的业务,因为它来从来没有想过必要的基础设施。当印度开始思考它和必要的基础设施,这是为时已晚而发展是蜗牛的节奏。

中国是明智的和积极的, 10年前,他们开始建设优良的亲IT基础设施及建设的专门知识(包括指挥英语太) ,以吸引资讯科技外包业务。他们的投资在10年内成为威胁印度现在。

1 。更好的基础设施相比,印度

2 。低廉的劳动力成本( 25 %的印度)

3 。许多跨国公司的投资 印度而在中国购买自己的基础设施

什么印度所需要总是改革政治。所有改革应枪杀。

印度可以成为中国。仅仅在是在人口 ,中国可能很大,但明智的印度是最差的时候。中国是7倍大于印度(区明智)及已人口更多或更少的平等到印度。但他们在每一个蓬勃发展的业务。他们的收入远远超过印度在各个领域的。

印度能否追上中国?“

文章主要观点:

1、目前印度远远落后于中国,两者不在一个档次上。把印度和中国比较对印度不公平:

原文的说法是:“It is perhaps unfair to compare Delhi directly with Beijing, since China's economic liberalisation began more than 20 years before India's, but it certainly puts into perspective how far India has to go”

2、印度m主对于印度的发展不见得是优势,相反,m主可能成为印度赶超中国的包袱。

原文说法是:“Indians frequently cite their democratic traditions as the ultimate reason why they will overtake China in the long-run, but to look at the limited achievements of the one-time reformer Manmohan Singh these past four years might lead you to the opposite conclusion.”

3、现在印度领导人并没有认识到印度与中国之间的巨大差距-——这种差距按原文的说法是:“印度与中国比,就如同老破牛车与法拉利相比”

回复主贴
聚焦 国际 历史 社会 军事
6条评论
点击加载更多

发表评论

更多精彩内容

经典聚焦

更多
发帖 向上 向下